HOW DO I BECOME INVOLVED?
If you just want to view the Bulletin Board or search for an item or a service, you only need to register to become a member of the Co-op. Please visit the Registration page of your local Co-op :
- Fill out the on-line Personal Profile form.
- Registration is free.
- Once your Personal Profile details have been confirmed, you will receive an automated reply with your User Name, Password and a link to the Local Co-op website nearest to where you live. (You can change the password to something easier to remember later).
- Your User Name and Password are your key to;
- Posting Comments to the discussions at your own Local Co-op site (or any other local site.)
- Logging-in to the Co-op Bulletin Board Classifieds page, where;
- you will be able to search the Classified listings for goods and services you need or want.
HOW DO I SUBSCRIBE TO THE BULLETIN BOARD?
But if you would like to enjoy the full benefits of Co-op Bulletin Board. Please complete the Subscription portion of the Registration form;
- Make an annual Membership Subscription Payment. Payments are usually made on-line using a valid credit card, or your own Pay Pal account, via our secure Pay Pal facility. If you would rather pay by check or money order, you will need to e-mail to email@example.com for the mailing address of the local Co-op administrator. You will receive a reply at the e-mail address you specified in your Personal Profile.
- Soon after you receive your User Name and Password you will receive your New Users Information Packet by regular mail from the administrator of your Local Co-op.
This packet includes;
- step -by -step instructions how to navigate the main newworldco-op.com website.
- now you will also be able to submit your own classified adverts for goods and services that you want to buy, sell or barter. With each ad you can also post up to two photographs or images at no extra cost.
- you will also receive an initial allotment of 200 BARTS ( barter dollars) that you can use to purchase things from other members. This way you can conserve your hard earned cash. You will probably re-coup the cost of your membership subscription with your first two trades with BARTS.
WHAT IF I DO NOT HAVE MY OWN COMPUTER?
- You could either go to your local library and sign up for a free hotmail, google or yahoo e-mail account. Then you can sign up using the steps described above. Or, you could go to a friends house and sign up using his/her computer. You must have a valid credit card or Pay Pal account to make payments for subscriptions or advertisements. If your credit card details do not match your personal profile, your membership will be rejected and you will not receive the New Users Information Packet.
- Once you have been accepted as a member a Username and Password are e-mailed to the address you specified in your Personal Profile, usually within 24 hours. You can log-in at the Local Co-op website by clicking the link , that comes in the e-mail with your username and password, and there you will be able to change your password. You can use your username and new password to log-in to any Local Co-op from any computer. All communication from other Co-op members or the website administrator will be directed to the e-mail address that you specify in your Personal Profile (unless you change the e-mail address in your Personal Profile).
WHY SHOULD I REGISTER MEMBERSHIP AT MY LOCAL CO-OP IF ONE EXISTS?
- Your membership fee is used to support your local Co-op.
WHAT IF THERE IS NO LOCAL CO-OP IN MY CITY?
- You simply follow the instructions above but sign in as a member on the nearest Local Co-op website.
- The Username and Password will be sent to your e-mail address. Once a Local Co-op is set up in your city, you will be notified and your account will be transfered.
WHAT IF I WANT TO ADMINISTER A CO-OP WEBSITE OF MY OWN?
- You will need to request an application form and a description of the responsibilities required of an administrator from firstname.lastname@example.org
- Should your application be successful, you will receive instructions on how to obtain your administrator user name, password and a link to your own website which will be named – http://yourcityname.newworldco-op.com. The website will be set up for you and you will receive comprehensive instructions on how to personalize it.
WHAT IF I WANT TO CHANGE MY E-MAIL ADDRESS OR OTHER PERSONAL DETAILS?
- You can change any details of your personal profile except your username. Please be careful to choose a username that you will be happy with and can memorize easily.
- If you should need to change your username, you must send an e-mail to email@example.com and make a request. There will also be a small fee for the service.
WHY SHOULD I KEEP MY PERSONAL DETAILS UPDATED?
- After 12 months have passed, you will be notified that a new subscription is required. If your Personal Profile details are incorrect, you may not receive the reminder notice and your membership and username will be deleted from the list of authorized Co-op users. If this should happen accidently through an oversight you can apply for re-instatement by explaining your situation in an e-mail to the administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org .
CAN I CONTACT SOMEONE IF I HAVE QUESTIONS?
- You can contact us at the email@example.com .